Submissions for Beyond Your Blog are currently closed.
Write For Us
Beyond Your Blog will consider submissions of both previously published work (assuming you hold the rights) and original content that has not been published elsewhere before. Note: We read all submissions that come in each month during the first week of the following month and will let you know if it was accepted or not (yes, you WILL get a response either way) by the 7th if each month. For example, if you submit something on September 30th, You will hear back by October 7th. If you submit something October 1st, you will hear back by November 7th.
- $75 for accepted original pieces (we publish 2-3 paid pieces each month); Previously published submissions are welcome, but are unpaid if accepted
- Author may forfeit payment in lieu of including a line at the end of the accepted piece with a link to product or service.
- Payment for original work is via Paypal once agreement is returned
- Topic/Format: The topic of your submission should be related to taking your writing talents beyond your personal blog in some way. Topics may include submitting writing, freelancing, publishing, editing, collaborative websites etc. We love inspirational essays, practical tips, reported pieces and list posts containing useful information, such as: where to submit writing for specific niches/locations/writing formats, paying markets, etc. We are also open to interviews (a pitch is fine in this instance). 400-1,000 words is usually fine, but I’ll consider other lengths if a great fit for BYB readers.
- Submitting: Submit your completed piece or interview pitch to email@example.com by pasting it into the body of an email. For previously published pieces, simply include the link. All submissions should include a headshot, and short bio with social/blog links. NOTE: If Beyond Your Blog has published your writing before, you may feel free to pitch an idea instead of submitting a completed piece for consideration.
- NOTE about original work: Because we accept and pay for only 2 contributor posts per month, it is quite competitive from a volume standpoint. If we decline your piece, we will do our best to suggest at least one other place you may want to consider submitting it (since we are busy bodies and that’s what we do!).
- Examples: Here are a few of my favorite pieces from BYB contributors that have also been popular with readers if you want to get a feel for what readers love as you craft your own submission.
- 5 Essential Rules For Promoting Your Published Writing On Social Media – Allison Barrett Carter
- 6 Ways Bloggers Can Combat ‘How To’ Info Overload – Caryn Berardi
- What To Do When A Site Republishes Your Writing Without Permission – Jennifer Oradat
- My Experience Writing For HuffPost: Great Opportunities and Lessons Learned – Kristin Shaw
- 10 Questions To Determine Your Blog’s Success – Despite What The Numbers Say – Marta Parlatore
- 18 Places for Expat Bloggers to Submit their Writing – Olga Mecking
- The badge below is available for those who have had work published on Beyond Your Blog in the past.