This podcast showcases Verily, a women’s fashion and lifestyle website that’s “less of who you should be, more of who you are.”. Editor-in-Chief Kara Eschbach is sharing everything you need to know to submit your writing across a broad list of categories for publication on Verily.
Come away inspired to submit to this magazine website whose mission is to “empower and inspire women to be the best versions of themselves.”
The interview includes
- How Verily was born out of a brunch conversation and women’s feelings about unrealistic expectations
- Verily’s ‘No Photoshop Policy’ and how it lines up with their mission
- How many articles Verily publishes each week
- The specific topics Verily looks for in submissions and the one topic they no longer focus on, plus which topics get the most submissions and which need more!
- Why your personal point of view is an important part of your submission
- Verily’s stance on accepting previously published material
- The approximate wait time before you will hear back on your submission
- The average word length they publish in their relationships and culture topics (it’s longer than average!)
- How Verily promotes featured posts, how they want their writer’s to promote pieces, and what they might reach out to you for as part of their writer community
- Verily Submissions Page
- Verily Submissions Manager and Writing Guidelines
- A Case For Casual Dating For The Marriage Minded
- When Real Life Doesn’t Look Like A Lifestyle Blog
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!