UPDATE: As of November 2015, the new editor at Midlife Boulevard is Andrea Bates. Sharon still co-owns the site and is involved with the site, but roles have changed. This content in this podcast is still relevant, just know that when you submit, you won’t be interacting with Sharon, but rather Andrea as the new Editor-in-Chief.
Midlife Boulevard offers so many good things for bloggers, not the least of which is their openness toward (and even preference for) publishing your posts that have already been published on your own blog. Are you smiling yet? Join Editor-in-Chief and Managing Partner Sharon Greenthal and I as we chat about that, and all of the other things that make Midlife Boulevard so special.
The interview includes
- Breaking news about the BAM (Bloggers at Midlife) conference for 2016!
NOTE: since this episode aired, the Bloggers at Midlife conference was officially announced with a different date than we discussed in the podcast. check out details HERE
- How the Midlife Boulevard community came together BEFORE the website launched
- The topics Midlife Boulevard is interested in and the topic Sharon is always looking for more content for
- The easy process for becoming a contributor and how many submissions actually get published
- Why Sharon encourages you to submit ONLY posts that have already been published on your own blog
- Several ways Sharon communicates with contributors and puts the word out about topics they are looking for
- Examples of posts that do really well on Midlife Boulevard
- The benefits for writers published on Midlife Boulevard and Sharon’s tips for promoting your work
- BAM (Bloggers at Midlife) Conference
- Midlife Boulevard Contributor Applicaton Form
- The Women Of Midlife Facebook Group
- Pamela Lutrell – Midlife Boulevard Lifestyle Columnist
- Midlife Boulevard Posts by Pamela Lutrell
- Dr. Margaret Rutherford – Midlife Boulevard Mental Health Columnist
- Midlife Boulevard Posts by Dr. Margaret Rutherford
- January is Get Organized Month – Ten Things to Do Right Now – by Sharon Greenthal
- Posts by Midlife Boulevard humor writers Vikki Claflin and Marcia Kester Doyle
- Midlife Boulevard Food Posts by Nancy Fox
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!