I’ve had a hard time containing my excitement prior to launching this podcast!
I had the extreme pleasure of interviewing Amy Newmark, Publisher, Editor-In-Chief, and Co-Author of the Chicken Soup For The Soul books. Amy was so excited to reach out to our audience of bloggers here at Beyond Your Blog, and talk about the great opportunities to submit your stories for the many Chicken Soup For The Soul books currently open to submissions.
After this interview I was inspired to submit my own story (working on it) and I am adding Chicken Soup For The Soul contributor to the top of my list of writing aspirations. Listen to our podcast interview and I think many of you will be excited about Chicken Soup For The Soul contributor opportunities as well!
The interview includes
- How Amy went FROM WALL STREET TO PUBLISHER just before she was ready to retire
- Average number of SUBMISSIONS VS. ACCEPTANCES per book and whether THEY READ EVERY SINGLE SUBMISSION
- Why Amy says “DON’T BE AFRAID” TO SUBMIT
- How Chicken Soup For The Soul SHARES SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITIES
- Why UNPUBLISHED WRITERS SHOULD NOT BE INTIMIDATED about submitting to Chicken Soup for The Soul
- What being published in Chicken Soup For The Soul can do for YOUR WRITING CAREER
- Amy’s tip about THE ONE TRICKY THING ON THE SUBMISSION FORM
- The type of writing that Amy and her EDITORS ARE NOT LOOKING FOR
- Several of the GREAT TOPICS CURRENTLY OPEN FOR STORY SUBMISSIONS at Chicken Soup For The Soul
- GREAT WRITER BENEFITS for Chicken Soup For The Soul Contributors and why BEING A CONTRIBUTOR MAKES YOU PART OF AN EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITY.
- How long it will be BEFORE YOU HEAR BACK IF YOUR STORY IS ACCEPTED
- The MANY WAYS CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL GIVES BACK to the community
- How you can take part in the Chicken Soup For The Soul SOUP-ER BLOGGER NETWORK
- Amy’s Bio
- Chicken Soup for the Soul anthologies:
- Think Positive: 101 Inspirational Stories about Counting Your Blessings and Having a Positive Attitude
- Messages from Heaven: 101 Miraculous Stories of Signs from Beyond, Amazing Connections, and Love that Doesn’t Die
- Angels Among Us: 101 Inspirational Stories of Miracles, Faith, and Answered Prayers
- Living with Alzheimer’s & Other Dementias: 101 Stories of Caregiving, Coping, and Compassion
- Raising Kids on the Spectrum: 101 Inspirational Stories for Parents of Children with Autism and Asperger’s
- The Dog Did What?: 101 Amazing Stories of Magical Moments, Miracles and… Mayhem
- The Cat Did What?: 101 Amazing Stories of Magical Moments, Miracles and… Mischief
- Recovering from Traumatic Brain Injuries: 101 Stories of Hope, Healing, and Hard Work
- Think Positive for Kids: 101 Stories about Good Decisions, Self-Esteem, and Positive Thinking
- Possible Chicken Soup For The Soul Book Topics (with submission deadlines)
- Submit Your Story to Chicken Soup For The Soul
- Chicken Soup For The Soul Story Guidelines
- Chicken Soup For The Soul Comfort Food
- Soup-er Blogger Network
- 5 Blogger Share Their Stories of Being Published In Chicken Soup For The Soul
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!