BlogHer is one of those sites that so many bloggers have benefitted from, and visit on a daily basis. I hear lots of questions from bloggers about how they can get involved and get the most out of BlogHer, so today we are focusing on posting, being featured, and being syndicated on BlogHer. What are the differences and how can you make all three happen for your writing?
I had the pleasure of interviewing Deputy Editor at BlogHer, Rita Arens, and got all the answers to my (and your) most burning BlogHer questions answered!
Scroll down to listen to my podcast interview with Rita, and learn more about how BlogHer can (and should) be a major part of your blogging strategy!
The interview includes
- How you can use BlogHer to GAIN EXPOSURE FOR YOUR EXISTING POSTS
- What posts make it onto the BLOGHER HOME PAGE
- How to STAND OUT TO BLOGHER EDITORS and WHY YOUR AVATAR IS SO IMPORTANT
- The qualities of a post that BlogHer is MOST LIKELY TO FEATURE
- Rita’s thoughts on whether your BlogHer post should be a FULL POST or a TEASER POST
- A GREAT WAY TO DRIVE TRAFFIC back to your own site from BlogHer
- WHICH BLOGHER SECTIONS ARE THE MOST/LEAST COMPETITIVE for getting featured and syndicated
- The PROCESS FOR SYNDICATION and BlogHer’s RESPONSE TIMEFRAME if selected
- The BENEFITS OF POSTING, BEING FEATURED and BEING SYNDICATED
- Details about the MAKE LIFE WORK INITIATIVE that BlogHer is working on with The Huffington Post.
- BlogHer (TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT: click log in/join in upper right corner)
- 5 Ways To Avoid Chub Run When You Run A Race (one of Rita’s BlogHer original pieces)
- Rita’s BlogHer Profile (including links to her writing on BlogHer)
- Surrender Dorothy and Surrender Dorothy: Reviews (Rita’s personal blogs)
- Pitch and editor with Syndicated or Original Content (Get Paid) or us the Syndication Form
- The Obvious Game
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!