Our guest Erin Falconer is both editor-in-chief and co-owner of Pick The Brain, a site dedicated to self improvement, with a focus on productivity, motivation & confidence. Erin started the blog writing her own content and transitioned (in a ver big way) into a blog that accepted writing from contributors. Pick The Brain offers contributors exposure to thousands of new readers, as well as a site link that will send ” a healthy dose of traffic and PageRank”. Listen to our interview and find out everything you need to know to submit your writing to one of the fastest growing self improvement sites on the web.
The interview includes
- What makes Pick The Brain UNIQUE FROM OTHER SELF IMPROVEMENT SITES
- The single move that made Erin’s SITE TRAFFIC SPIKE
- The NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS Pick The Brain receives each week
- The 4 MAIN CATEGORIES Pick The Brain submissions cover, and WHICH CATEGORY IS THE MOST POPULAR
- The BENEFITS OF BEING PUBLISHED on Pick The Brain
- The QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION to Pick The Brain, and WHAT NOT TO SUBMIT
- How Erin decides the DAY OF THE WEEK TO RUN A POST
- Pick The Brain’s WORD COUNT SWEET SPOT and MOST POPULAR POST STYLE
- WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE EMAIL YOU SEND with your submission to GET ERIN’S ATTENTION
- Why you shouldn’t complain about GRAMMAR MISTAKES on Pick The Brain
- ERIN’S FAVORITE SUBMISSION TOPICS to read
- WHEN AND IF YOU WILL HEAR BACK if your submission is not accepted
- Which CONTRIBUTOR BEHAVIORS will make a good impression at Pick The Brain
- What LEAF.TV is, and how is it different from every single lifestyle site for women you’ve ever been to?
- Write for Pick The Brain
- Forbes 100 Best Websites For Women 2013
- 15 Things To Stop Thinking About So You Can Be Happy by Alden Tan
- The 10 Essential Truths That Happy People Never Forget by Farnoosh Brock
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!