We’ve all spent mass amounts of time and effort trying to improve our writing, pitching and business knowledge around freelance writing. In this episode we are concentrating on the little things you can do today that will have a major impact on things like your acceptance rate and the benefits you see after your work goes live on another publication. Author of “How To Get Your Parenting Writing Paid And Published On Authority Sites”, Ashley Trexler, joins me to share the little tweaks you can make that will have a massive impact on your freelance writing success. Don’t forget to sign up for Ashley’s special offer for BYB listeners: your free copy of her upcoming ebook!
The interview includes
- The training that gave Ashley the tools to get started as a paid freelancer
- What actions Ashley attributes her quick success as a freelancer to
- Why some editors love you and other editors won’t give you the time of day
- Why writers should have an elevator pitch and how to create one
- Why a byline is critical to writers who want to benefit from being published and how to create a killer one
- How to stand out from all the other submissions in an editor’s pile or in a stack of writing applications
- How some well-placed links in a submission can increase your chance for acceptance
- Headline-writing advice for people who suck at headlines
- How Ashley’s upcoming ebook will help go from an idea to a published and paid piece
Resources (in order of mention)
Beyond Your Blog is an affiliate for some of the products/services I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link.
Ashley’s ebook (FREE for listeners at this link!): How To Get Your Parenting Writing Paid And Published On Authority Sites (sign up now to receive this resource – coming soon!)
On Writing – Stephen King
My Son Failed The Peanut Challenge – Susan Maccarelli
Becoming A Writer – Dorothea Brande
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!