Whether you are brand new to freelance writing (or even just thinking about starting), or whether you are farther down the road, and looking for some advice and techniques from a successful career freelancer, we’ve got you covered in this episode! Brianna Bell joins us to provide the perspective of a successful part-time freelancer one year in, while Kate Parham Kordsmeier shares her experience as a veteran freelancer with a laundry list of impressive bylines and media experience. We talk about finding clients and opportunities, managing schedules, useful resources, rate setting, the best and worst things about being a freelance writer, and more!
The interview includes
- What the transition to freelance writer looked like for both writers and how they got started
- The types of clients each freelancer works for primarily, and where they find them
- Resources to find freelance clients and the qualities of desirable opportunities
- The importance (and non-importance) of social media for freelancers
- Organization & scheduling techniques
- The best and worst things about freelancing
- Setting rates
Resources (in order of mention)
SumoMe (free tools Susan uses to build her subscriber list)
Taking our dinner to the bitter end – Kate Parham
Is a Juice Cleanse Good For You? – Kate Parham
Find Kate’s work here (logo graphic)
Maui: Whatever Your Pleasure – Kate Parham
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!