What do you do when your own humor isn’t getting published as much as you’d like? Jameson Doris took the approach of starting his own site where the editor rarely ever rejects his submissions :o) We talk about the type of humor you’ll find on his site FrostedTip, why he decided to pay writers from the start, and his tip for cracking into McSweeney’s as a humor writer.
The interview includes
- Why Jameson decided to start The Frosted Tip and how many pieces he publishes each month
- Examples of tone and type of humor The Frosted Tip publishes
- What Jameson learned from Jesse Eisenberg about getting published on the big humor sites
- Jameson’s tip for getting published at McSweeney’s
- What will get the attention of the editor at The Frosted Tip
- The one type of humor writing Jameson doesn’t publish
- The word count limit that qualifies as ‘short‘ at The Frosted Tip
- Why Jameson decided to pay writers from the get-go
- How quickly you’ll hear back after you submit something
Hotel Towel Guidelines – Mark Peters
Susan’s Free Video Lesson: 5 Sites That Will Pay For Your Writing – Even If You Have Never Been Paid To Write Before
Mom Blog Academy (affiliate link)
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!