The Establishment is a brand new platform for women’s voices and Co-Founder/Editorial Director Nikki Gloudeman visited my podcast to tell us all about it! We discuss the topics the site covers, the voices they want to hear from, and why their writers don’t even get out of bed for less than $125 per post.
The interview includes
- The types of voices The Establishment is looking for
- What makes a piece stand out to The Establishment editorial team
- Stories that potential contributors should read to get a feel for the what resonates with The Establishment readers
- What falls under the topical sections on The Establishment
- The number of pieces published daily
- The type of pitch The Establishment editors prefer and whether they republish
- Pay rates for writers and why they are able to be so competitive
- Your likely wait time if you submit a pitch to The Establishment
- Exciting highlights from their first few months and what to look forward to in the future!
The Dirty Politics of Period Sex – By Katie Tandy
Yes, Your Dating Preferences Are Probably Racist – By Emma Tessler
Black Kids Will Save America – By Ijeoma Oluo
A Deeper Dive Into The History Of Medical Child Abuse – By Jody Allard
Arts and Creators section articles mentioned: Queer Artist Coco Riot Talks Myths, Minotaurs – By Lizzy Hill; Bitch’s Andi Zeisler Thinks We Were Feminists Once – By Katie Tandy; Voyeuristic Artist Tracey Snelling Reminds Us To Look Closer – By Katie Tandy; The Problem With Drake Is His Problem With Women – By Chris Dart
Lust and Liasons articles mentioned: When Queer Girl Friendships Burn Too Brightly – By July Westhale
Audio and Visual posts mentioned: Send In The Feminist Clown – By Rossella Laeng; Worst Night Ever Podcast; “I Was Given A 90-Day Bed”: Homelessness In San Francisco – By Rafael Roy; The Cherry Blossoms Tattoo Where My Breast Cancer Scar Was – Catherine Gigante-Brown
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, you might also like:
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!