This podcast turns the tables and has Beyond Your Blog creator Susan Maccarelli’s husband (and BYB technical expert) asking the questions. Chad Maccarelli hosts this episode interviewing Susan with listener questions covering everything from her worst podcast experience to favorite guests, her time management strategies, monetization plans, personal submission goals, favorite comfort foods, and much more.
The interview includes
- How Susan juggles her time to keep Beyond Your Blog and its components up and running
- Susan’s spreadsheet and index card method for staying disciplined (nerd alert!)
- How Susan and Chad work together without Beyond Your Blog taking over their personal lives
- Why podcasting, running two blogs, and a social media presence take less time than you think
- How BlogHer was the reason why Susan Started submitting to other sites
- Susan’s favorite guests and worst podcast disaster to date
- How often Susan submits her own writing and her 2 current target publications
- How Beyond Your Blog monetizes and plans to monetize in the future
- Susan’s 3 favorite comfort foods
- What tools Chad uses to produce the Beyond Your Blog podcast
Questions came from authors of the following blogs: Emily Page Hatch, Melanie Meditates, Being Rudri, Lies About Parenting, Lynne Cobb, Setting My Intention, Multiples Illuminated, Finding Dutchland, The Heart of Sassy Lassie, Working Naked, Playdates on Fridays, Happily Ever Laughter, Brianna Rose, Musings On Motherhood And Midlife and Anna Rosenblum Palmer
Podcast Episodes Mentioned:
BYB 026: Submitting Writing To New York Times Motherlode With KJ Dell’Antonia (**Update: The team from the former NYT Motherlode moved to the Well Family section of the New York Times in 2016.)
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!