Not a travel blogger? Don’t fear! Hometown Tourist takes a unique approach to travel info. If you are an expert on your city and can provide insider tips about the hidden gems it offers, you may find a home for your writing on Hometown Tourist! In this podcast interview, Managing Director/Founder, Terri Lundberg shares what she looks for in a pitch/submission, what destinations are of interest, and how even small to mid-sized destinations have a home on her site.
The interview includes
- How Hometown Tourist is different than typical travel sites
- Why you don’t have to be a world traveler to write for Terri’s site
- 2 specific US cities Hometown Tourist really wants submissions for
- How Terri sees smaller and mid-sized towns and cities fitting into Hometown Tourist
- Hometown Tourist’s international coverage
- 2 of Terri’s favorite posts for reference, including the one that almost broke her site with views!
- The qualities Terri looks for when contacting a contributor for regular submissions
- The quick turnaround you can expect after submitting a pitch
- Payment details
- How Hometown Tourist promotes posts and how they expect writers to promote
- Terri’s favorites when it comes to travel, plus her bucket list travel destinations & publications
San Diego Hometown Tourist: On a Mission in San Diego – By Terri Lundberg
Beat the Heat in DC! – By Jill Pohl
5 Atlanta Festivals You Must Go To – By Nadeen White
The 10 New Orleans Festivals To Add To Your Bucket List – By Lauren Huntley
La Mano Verde Restaurant in Berlin
Restaurant Envy in Amsterdam
Mile High Club Membership – By Terri Lundberg
Paris: The Second Time Around – By Terri Lundberg
If you enjoyed this interview, you may enjoy this podcast as well:
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!