We know that creative nonfiction is a genre of writing, but in case you didn’t know, it is also a respected magazine with lots of opportunities for writers. In this interview, Creative Nonfiction Managing Editor Hattie Fletcher lets us in on what they look for in a successful submission, shares payment details and cash prizes for contests, provides some upcoming submission themes and much more!
The interview includes
- The definition of Creative Nonfiction (the genre and the magazine!)
- Several good examples of published pieces that embody what Creative Nonfiction is looking for from writers
- Qualities submission readers are looking for in your work
- Information on current and upcoming themes
- Insight into a call for submission coming in winter 2016
- Whether people still send submissions via snail mail
- Payment details for contests, essays, and columns
- How to get involved with Creative Nonfiction in just a few minutes by participating in their Tiny Truths Contest on Twitter (#cnftweet)
- Online classes offered by Creative Nonfiction
- The reasons writers choose to publish their work with Creative Nonfiction
The Butterfly Effect: Finding Sanctuary in Butterfly Town USA – Jennifer Lunden
Subscribe to the BYB Podcast!